When we give, it acknowledges God as the giver of everything we have, reflects our trust that He will continue to provide for us, and allows us to be a part of His work here on earth. It’s something we do with joy.
You may mail in your giving to our church office - 2418 Geary Street SE, Albany, OR 97322
Click on the button below to GIVE ONLINE
Dear Church Family,
As we sang Sunday, “Great are you Lord!” we echoed Psalm 31:14
“But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand;”
This continues to be our heart as we go through uncertain times, yet we sense the power of God’s protection and His church in action!
This email will be a little longer than usual because I want to fully communicate the decisions our leadership has made in compliance with the Center for Disease Control and our state and federal elected officials. The CDC has modified its recommendations and urged all of us to avoid gatherings over 50 people. Yesterday, national officials encouraged all of us to extend this to gatherings in excess of 10 people.
As a result of this, for the safety of everyone, we are canceling all ministry events, activities, and groups of any size at the church building until further notice.
These are weighty decisions. We realize for some the fact that we are no longer gathering as a community of faith has the potential of creating greater anxiety. We want to assure you this does not mean our ministry together as a congregation has been put on hold. In fact, we are using this opportunity to increase our care and connection for one another. Here's some of the changes and results you will notice.
1. For Sunday Services over the next weeks we will be modifying our approach and holding church online via Facebook and youtube video feed. Here are your options:
- One Facebook live service at 10 AM each Sunday – This has live interaction with others in the feed.
- Call in and listen to the service. Dial 425-436-6309 code #373543
- Youtube rebroadcast at 5 PM
- For Giving, please use this LINK as a way to continue your faithful tithes and offerings, or mail your gifts to the church, or bring them by during regular office hours.
- Parents can download the kids lesson video to watch with kids at home HERE.
This week our service appeared in over 3,000 news feeds and the interaction was dynamic. Let’s do it again! Following the live feed, our service will be available to view here on our website.
2. For Daily Devotionals Each day on Facebook we are hosting “8 at 8”, an eight minute devotional at 8 am hosted by a staff person from our church. Watch Here.
3. Our “at risk” people groups in our church family will be receiving extra care, phone calls and touch points to make sure everyone is encouraged. We have over 100 families classified in this way and this is our time to step up! As a church, we are looking for ways to continue to care for those who live alone, who live with chronic anxiety or other mental health concerns, who have limited access to resources, who cannot work from home and are scrambling to arrange childcare, who are grieving changes to major life events such as weddings and graduations, who work in health care, and who are experiencing significant economic challenges. Our staff and leaders are praying for you. Please send specific prayer requests to email@example.com. If you have a specific need of food or supplies please use this e-mail.
Here are 3 Things Guaranteed to Make God Smile
- Our Middle School girls just launched “Pens and Prayers” – They are writing letters of encouragement to our shut-ins and senior adults.
- Our children’s Ministry Lego Club is launching an online lego building competition which will run for the next 8 weeks: The theme for this week is "Family". Each week take a picture of your creation and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win a prize (multiple entries are allowed). Tell us about your creation and why you chose to build it. Entries will be posted on our website.
- We are providing food to families in need through our partnership with FISH of Albany. Because of your generosity, we have already given $2,000 that was doubled to $4,000 thanks to Central Willamette Community Credit Union.
Remember, He is in control. God has it covered,
Josh & The South Albany Church Leadership Team
No matter who you are, where you've been, or what you've done, you matter to God, and are welcome here. SACC is a gathering place with people of all ages and from all walks of life.